There are (extremely) rare moments when I don’t mind being proven wrong and this is one of those situations. It’s also proof that the community we have here on All Phoenix Real Estate is a wonderful thing.
One of my buyers called yesterday to tell me Harris Bank still is offering financing through U.S. affiliates to Canadians wanting to purchase residential property here in the states. Loyal reader Jerry confirmed this and also added Royal Bank of Canada as another possibility. Jerry also mentioned Washington Federal, which was one of the three lenders still appearing on one local lender’s site as a possibility.
Jerry also pointed me toward Justin McHood over in the East Valley. One day after I said financing for Canadians all but disappeared, Justin proudly proclaimed “Mortgages for Canadian Citizens: Now Available.”
Here’s what Justin says he needs to get a loan done:
- Must be a second home
- Will loan up to 75% loan-to-value
- International credit report required
- Verification of mortgage on primary residence
- Last 2 pay stubs and 2 years of T4’s required
- 2 months bank statements
- Drivers license and copy of passport
- If self employed, last two years of Canadian tax returns along with a profit/loss statement and balance sheet.
I’ve met Justin several times in the past and he’s good people. So if you’re one of those north of the border looking to finance here in the States, feel free to shop him along with the others mentioned above.
And thanks to all for the information![tags]Phoenix real estate, Canadian buyers, financing[/tags]